tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 29 06:10:49 1997

Re: Klingon phonaesthemes

> jatlh Greg Wright:
> >Love translates as b a n g.
> >Bang. Love. Think about that.
>
> Does that mean that Klingons refer to their "first" or "best" as the BIG BANG?
     Hmmmmmm... Did anyone else have the phrase, ". . . best bang since the
big one" run through their head? :)

> On that subject, in the TNG episode "Birthright", Worf says that he "loves"
> Ba'el.  That would indicate that Klingons do feel "love" in nearly the same
> fashion as humans.
chaq wo'rIv lupepmo' Humanmey qechvam ja'.  tlhIngan ghaHbej, 'ach chaq rut
Human rurlaw'.  mogh puqloD ghaH, 'ach *Rozhenko puqloD ghaH je.

wIvqu', law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |