tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 27 22:55:25 1997

Riker in TNG Emissary

On Mon, 27 Jan 1997, KATIE MONCELSI wrote:

|If any one here has seen TNG Emissary could you tell me the translation
|of what Riker says to K'Ehleyr in Klingon.

Riker said, "nuqneH, qaleghneS" (in a THICK Terran accent).

Here's what Paramount's ST:Continuum Klingon Database on MSN has to say:

Nu-qneH qa-legh-neS
Klingon word meaning "What do you want? (a generic greeting) I am honored to
see you." Commander Riker uses the phrase to show off a little Klingonese when
welcoming emissary K'Ehleyr. (Reference: The Emissary)

I can't resist pointing out that K'Ehleyr must not have been too impressed,
since she answered him in Federation Standard!

-- Voragh

Back to archive top level