tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 23 14:43:49 1997

Translation

Watching "Looking for par'Mach..." the other day, I decided to turn on
the old close captioning to read what they said regarding the Klingon
words, specifically the Kahless-Lukara fight scene (enacted by Quark-Dax
and later Worf-Dax).  I understand that the words and translations (from
the script) are in the December HolQeD.  I was wondering if a.) these
close captions are correct, and b.) what they are supposed to mean (at
least according to the writers).  I know that it means nothing in
{tlhIngan Hol}, but allegedly a translation was provided in the script.
My intent is to add the scene to my Paramount Hol page, but I wanted to
do a little research first.  Here's what I got:

Lukara: Movas ah-kee rustak!
Kahless: Kosh tomah ehpaq Lukara kaveir.
Lukara: Ish-tovee chuch thling nuq?
Kahless: Besh-opar gee urchun omah te-dok maugh-shta.

Anybody with the HolQeD issue or the script want to help me out?

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level