tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 19 16:47:05 1997

RE: KLBC:bIQoy'eghbe'

January 19, 1997 7:40 AM EST, jatlh loDDoq:

> qIm SuStel,
> I've decided to cancel the story(I think both of us know how stupid it was
:)

vaj jIHvaD yIjatlh!  jIHvaD jaj wanI' yIDel!

> bIQoy'egh'a'be'(/Ha'?)
> Cant you hear yourself?

Remember the order of suffixes!  You cannot put a Rover after a Type 9 suffix
like {-'a'}!

{bIQoy} is "you hear."  Next, negate it, {bIQoybe'} "you do not hear."  Now,
add the Type 1 suffix: {bIQoybe''egh} "You do not hear yourself."  Finally,
make it a question: {bIQoybe''egh'a'} "Do you not hear yourself?

> yIghuH'egh
> prepare yourself

This seems right.

> jIHoH'eghta'
> I have killed myself

maj.

> bIloStaHvIS,lotmaj yIlegh
> while you r awaiting,look at our catalog?

{lot} is "catastrophe."  {mem} is "cataloge."

Otherwise, this is okay.  I might prefer to use the word {laD}, but what you
have is correct.

bIloStaHvIS, memmaj yIlaD.

This is not a question, it's a command.  Don't use a question mark after it!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level