tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 19 10:59:52 1997

Re: Much Ado about *only* (was Quotable Quot

Here's another idea...  How about saying "nothing but it" or "it and
nothing else".  Would those be the equivilent of saying "only" in the
sense that it is the only one?  I can't help with the translation
because I never got past the third lesson of the postal course (what
I'd like for my birthday is time) and I don't have a dictionary yet.

While I've got your attention, I missed the end of the discussion
about names you guys were having last month (or maybe it was the
month before).  Could someone please tell me what you decided about
having nouns and verbs in names and the -wI' suffix?  If you could
tell me around when the discussion actally took place, I can look in
the archives.  Thanks!

HovbejwI'
(Would that make any sense, gramatically or otherwise?  I'd like to
be something like astonomer but not exactly.)

Back to archive top level