tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 14 19:10:24 1997

Quotable qoutes

I'm new at learning Klingon, so I thought that translating a few quotes I
found in my Latin II book would give me some practice.  And, as an added
bonus, they are in:     1. English  !!!
                        2. Latin    !!!
                        3. Klingon  !!!
Wow! I'm sure you're all hanging on to the edges of your seats now! :)

Knowledge itself is power.
Ipsa scientia potestas est.
woQ 'oH Sov'e'

Even one hair has a shadow.
Etiam capillus unus habet umbram.
QIb ghajtaH wa' jIB chev

Fools laugh at the Klingon and Latin languages!
Rident stolidi verba <Klingon> et Latina!
tlhingan je <Latin> Holmey Hagh qoHpu'

The appearances of things are deceptive.
Fallaces sunt rerum species.
rut nItojtaH narghbogh teH Dochmey.

What the gods want happens soon.
Cito fit quod dii volunt.
vay' luneHchugh _Snapu'_ qas 'oH.

Honor is not everything; it is the only thing.
Gloria omnia non est; res sola est.
Hoch oH'be' quv'e' ; neH Doch 'oH quv

I'd appreciate it if anyone would point out any errors (and I'm sure there
are a lot of them).  Thanks

                                                noSaj

Back to archive top level