tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 13 15:01:37 1997

RE: Paramount Hol

January 13, 1997 12:32 PM EST, jatlh mIqIraH:

> yIlaD!  potlh 'oH jabbI'IDvam.

That should be either {potlh 'oH jabbI'IDvam'e'} "This transmission is an
important thing," with {potlh} as a noun, or {potlh jabbI'IDvam} "This
transmission is important," with {potlh} as a verb.

> yo' qIjDaq batlh botu'jaj!
>
> KLBC: Did I get that right?  I was trying to say, "May you (plural) find
honor
> with the Black Fleet," but I'm not sure if my usage of -Daq was appropriate.

It is correct.  After all, you've got to physically be "in" the Black Fleet to
gain honor "with" it, right?

> Is there canon for this famous line?

I don't know.  It actually took me a long time to determine where this "Black
Fleet" stuff came from in the first place.  I'm *think* Kurn mentions it in
the episode where he wants Worf to kill him, but before that, I think it was
only in fan fiction and Pocket Books.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian