tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 12 20:12:26 1997

Re: Hallmark Commercial (was Re: lut tlhaQ)

> |> Actually in the Hallmark commerical <wov> was used as a noun.
> |
> |Did Okrand write the dialogue for that commercial?
> |
> |SuSvaj
>
> Yes he did, though the last couple of lines are somewhat uncertain since
> they were mangled by the two actors playing crewmen. (Robert O'Reilly,
> however, did a good job with his lines). Anyone know what they were?

toH, tlhIngan Hol DIp teH 'oH <wov> 'e'.  QaQqu'!!

However I find the sentence *Qapqu' wov, po' 'oH jan Hov'e'* somewhat
bewildering.  I can believe that <wov> refers to the mechanical lights, but
*jan Hov* is strange.  It doesn't actually mean "star device".  That would
be *Hov jan*.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level