tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 21:35:23 1997

RE: KLBC Picture of

January 11, 1997 6:47 PM EST, jatlh qeyloS:

> How do you want to say "I want a picture of a D7 Battle Crusier"

Aha!  You've found one of those words which we've wanted for years: picture.

Probably the best one has been {'oSwI'}.  But I don't like it at all.  Some
have suggested that {HaSta} "visual display" might suffice, and I have just
thought of {vIHbe'bogh HaSta}.  But these still leave much to be desired.

> may'Duj D Soch [????????] vInej vIneH

I wouldn't try to translate "D7" into Klingon.  "D7" has been in fandom for
years, but I don't think it was ever "canon" Star Trek until "Trials and
Tribble-ations."  There it is said by Kira.

I don't know what the Klingon designation is.  I don't know if it's the same
type of ship as the {qItI'nga'} class battle cruiser.  For simplicity's sake,
let us assume for now that it is.

qItI'nga' may'Duj "picture" vIneH.

Note that you don't need the {vInej} part.  What you had was "I want to look
for a picture of a D7 battle cruiser."  Either say you want it, or you're
looking for it.

> Oh and BTW I really am looking for a gif/jpg of a D7. Not a rendering but
> something (good quality) from one of the movies like ST1 (voyager movie) or
> ST6 (Kronos 1). If one knows of any I would appreciate it.

I don't have any stills from Star Trek.  The best I have is a couple of good
downloads from K'Mel's Klingon site.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian