tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 15:16:08 1997

RE: KLBC

January 10, 1997 9:46 AM EST, jatlh loDDoq:

> Sorry I had to put the story in the txt file but I had some problems with
the
> e-mail

Dung mu'tlhegh'e' DaghItlhlaH!  qatlh pa' lutHomlIj DaghItlhlaHbe'?

> Part -1-

'ay' wa'

>  "lwIquchta'" jatlh Qar.
>  "majQa'. naDev yIqem" jatlh DamaH.
>  "luq" jatlh Qar.
>  -------------------
>  ENGLISH:
>  "We have kidnapped him." said Qar
>  "Very good.Bring him here." said DamaH.
>  "okay" said Qar
>  -------------------

So far, so good.  I know that you've got the English directly below it, but
can you please mark names with something?  I hesitated when I saw {DamaH},
until I scrolled the screen down a bit.

>  "n--nuq choneH?" jatlh Hotlh.
>  "pa'vamDaq,yu' qatlhob 'ej Dajang.yaj'a'?"
>  "H-HIja'.jIyaj"
>  -------------------
>  ENGLISH
>  "W--what do u want from me?" asked Hotlh.
>  "In this room I ask the questions andu answer.Understood?"
>  "Y-yes,understood."

{yu'} is not a noun, it's a verb.  Don't say "I ask the questions," say "I
question you."  {pa'vamDaq qayu' 'ej chojang, yaj'a'?}  "In this room I will
interrogate you and you will answer me, understood?"

'ay' cha' Daqonta''a'?

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian