tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 15:16:07 1997

RE: KLBC: Do you now something I don't know? was hello

January 09, 1997 10:24 PM, jatlh qeyloS:

> jatlh Brent Kesler
>
> >Do you know something I don't now?
> >I would suggest, vay' vISovbe'bogh DaSov'a'?
>
> Cool I understand it. But, can I change the order? Using *bigh* the order is
> varible right?

{bIgh}?  Wazzat?

> So..... wouldn't it be okay to say
>
> DaSov'a', vay' vISovbe'bogh.

"Do you know it?  Something which I don't know?"  It's just as ungrammatical
as it is in English.  You cannot change the word order.  It would be
understood, as you understand the English, but it's now broken up into
sentence fragments.  For a complete sentence, you need to say the first
sentence above.

> with or without the above comma.

Makes no difference.

--