tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 11 15:15:44 1997

RE: AKD was - Re[2]: Speaking of new words...

January 11, 1997 1:57 AM EST, jatlh Kevin Burgess:

>         HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm!

"Pay attention" is {qIm}, not {QIm}.

>         Voragh/SuSvaj
>                 I am working on the tlhingan Hol name for my gaming
>         clubs ship, and have been unable to create an adequate
>         translation. The ships name is Darkwing. Dark was easy, but the
>         only thing I can come up with is "part of bird".

Um . . . this wasn't addressed to me, but, Kevin, my name is {SuStel}.  {SuS}
+ {tel}.  Look up both of those words and see what you find.

>         I have been assembling a list of "words not found in the TKW",
>         like your QIjbogh mu'ghom, but neither wing nor bird are in
>         this lexicon.

Quite a few words were in the one side of the dictionary and not the other.
{tel} "wing" is one of them.  The word is in charghwI''s list.

>         ~QevIn (not Qavin, unless you are what you drink)

That's {qa'vIn}.  Again, in charghwI''s list.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level