tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 10 22:51:03 1997

Re: AKD was - Re[2]: Speaking of new words...

        HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm! HELP! yIQIm!

        Voragh/SuSvaj
                I am working on the tlhingan Hol name for my gaming
        clubs ship, and have been unable to create an adequate
        translation. The ships name is Darkwing. Dark was easy, but the
        only thing I can come up with is "part of bird".

        I have been assembling a list of "words not found in the TKW",
        like your QIjbogh mu'ghom, but neither wing nor bird are in
        this lexicon.

                Speaking of QIjbogh mu'ghom; Are there files that you
        are willing to share? I have already subsumed chargwI's NKW
        list & KAG's Galactic Phrasebook into a searchable database.
        Then I added from other sources, not already in these lexicons,
        manually. Would you be willing to exchange DB's?(text files,
        whatever...as long as I don't have to manually RE-type in all
        this stuff!).

        ~QevIn (not Qavin, unless you are what you drink)
        {{:)/*/ (Klingon with sash)

>Subject: Re: Speaking of new words...
>Author:  [email protected] at Internet
>Date:    1/10/97 2:02 PM

>> I haven't been able to come up with any decent translation of
>>"Annotated"!
>>
>> At the moment, my "test" title page reads {Qob tlhIngan mu'ghom
>>poDHa'}. I
>> figured that anything "unclipped" *ought* to be "annotated", but that
>>might
>> only make sense in a backfit.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

>Going from the basic definition of "annotated" meaning "Commented upon" or
>"With explanations provided", then *QIjbogh mu'ghom* might work.

>SuSvaj

Back to archive top level