tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 08 19:51:48 1997

RE: KLBC:Hello

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, SuStel wrote:
|January 08, 1997 6:08 PM EST, jatlh noSaj:
|> Question: in Klingon, do appositives come directly after the noun they refer
|> to, or do they go before?
|
|Hmmm . . . this is a technical question, isn't it?  <scratches head>
|
|You've got apposition right in your sentence, I believe.  I don't quite
|remember the Okrand sources we have concerning it, but I believe it mentioned
|{*wo'rIv* *mogh* puqloD}.

It wasn't for Worf:

poq torghen puqloD = Pok, son of Torghn (KCD)

DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
  lurSa' be'etor je.
The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, are constantly seeking
  a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon High Council.
  (Skybox card S26)

(DuraS be'nI'pu' lurSa' be'etor je = the Duras sisters, Lursa and B'Etor)

Oddly enough, I don't believe we've seen the endlessly repeated phrase
"Worf, son of Mogh" anywhere officially.

Voragh (pagh puqloD)

Back to archive top level