tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 05 12:31:31 1997

RE: Translation, please

January 04, 1997 11:32 PM, jatlh Bob Asselin:

> Greetings,
>
> I am new to this list and the Klingon Language. I wish to learn andhave sent
> for the courses.

majQa'!

I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  Anytime you need some help,
just let me know!  In case you haven't, be sure to visit

http://www.kli.org
http://www.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.html

> But in the mean Time I would like to know how to say
> There can Be only one!  In Klingon:)

toH!  <HuDngan> Dabej!  maj.  "movie" wa'DIch vImuSHa', 'a pIjHa' "TV show"
vIbej.
So!  You watch "Highlander"!  Cool.  I loved the first move, but I rarely see
the TV show.

This is a bit difficult; Klingon has no verb "to be."  For the think that
MacLeod shouts, I'd say:

ratlhlaH wa' neH!
Only one can remain!

Next time, though, YOU try the translation first!

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level