tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 05 12:31:29 1997

RE: KLBC's RE: First Post pt.2

January 04, 1997 6:48 PM, jatlh [email protected]:

> Can you define the word "canon" for me? I looked it up in my (English)
> dictionary but it didn't have a grammatical form, only religious.  I have
> inferred the meaning from seeing it in various contexts, but what does it
> really mean?

"Canon" is that which is official, proper, accepted.  I'm not sure of the
general usage, but the term is here used for {tlhIngan Hol} to mean "that
which Okrand has given us."  That which is not canon, "doesn't count."

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level