tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 23:44:16 1997

Gowran's blessing

>> ...  "Glory to you and your house"
>>
>House, in the sense of clan is *tuq*.  That word is not in TKD, but we have
>it from a canonical source.

  Greatly appreciated. Just curious - what would that mysterious canonical
source be?

>We don't yet have a word for "glory", but I
>think "honor" would do as well.  Possibly:
>
>			*bIquvjaj.  ej quvjaj tuqlIj!"
>
>		       "May you be honored.  And may your house be honored."

  That would be pretty close. Still, for a "culture" that is concerned with
the many forms of honour, one would think that more words would be found for
the various shades of meaning between glory, reknown, honour... We will have
to nudge the language institute to provide us with better fodder!

Back to archive top level