tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 04 14:54:10 1997

RE: name question

January 03, 1997 9:51 PM, jatlh Caryn Law:
> I've been thinking of a Klingon name for myself...my middle name is
> Faith, which I've always liked and I thought I'd like a variation on it.
> I thought of vIvoqlu'  (I guess the literal translation is, someone has
> faith in me). Is that an accurate translation, and can anyone think of
> any conflicts that would raise? Thanks. :)

The translation is accurate.

Do you really want to be called "I Am Trusted"?  How about "Dances With
Wolves"?  Or "Sitting Bull"?  Or "I Activate The Transport Beam"?

What about just {voq}?

Choosing a name is your own business, of course, but be sure it's a name which
you really like.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian