tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 03 19:48:53 1997

Re: name question

Caryn Law writes

> I've been thinking of a Klingon name for myself...my middle name is
> Faith, which I've always liked and I thought I'd like a variation on it.
> I thought of vIvoqlu'  (I guess the literal translation is, someone has
> faith in me). Is that an accurate translation, and can anyone think of
> any conflicts that would raise? Thanks. :)
>
> -- Caryn

Greetings Caryn, and welcome.

This is kind of a subjective statement, but *vIvoqlu' * just doesn't sound
like a name to me.  It is more of a statement.  If you want to stick with
the concept of "faith", I would suggest *voqlu'wI' *, "One who is trusted."
 Does anyone see a problem with that?

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level