tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 03 15:59:00 1997

RE: KLBC

January 03, 1997 12:55 AM, jatlh loDDoq:

> sorry for all of that KLBC mess.never mind.

qay'be'.  bech paghHey.

> Anyway,I'm trying to write a story to improve my tlhIngan Hol:

maj!

> QIt,tlhIngan Hol ghojtaH(ghojlI'?) loDDoq

If you've got some set stopping point in your mind for your learning Klingon,
you can use {-lI'}.  Otherwise, use {-taH}.  I, myself, would always use
{-taH} for this, as I'm always learning new things about the language.

> SuStel QaHtaH loDDoq
> SuStel wejpuH

No!  {wejpuH} is an exclamation.  It doesn't mean "be charming," it's merely
translated that way to give an idea of a comparable English statement.  It is
only used for making a very sarcastic remark.  It's also an exclamation, and
cannot be used with other parts of speech.

> wej,loDDoq wejpuH

Same comment.

> *Qap'* jatlhDI' loDDoq,*Qapla'* Hech loDDoq

You don't "intend to {Qapla'}," you "intend to *say* {Qapla'}."  The object
{Hech} is what you intend to do.

maj.  lutHommey Daqon 'e' yImevQo'.

--
SuStel