tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 03 15:50:22 1997

KLBC: practice dialogue

Ok, here's a little dialogue I wrote just for language practice. Would
appreciate any comments on it. :)
One question: do you use the question mark after Klingon questions, or
is the question word or suffix sufficient?

('avwI'pu' DataH cha' tlhinganpu')

1: net nuq?
2: nuq?
1: vay' vIQoypu'.
2: vIQoypu'be'.
1: yIjaH 'ej yInej!
(nej tlhingan cha' 'ej chegh ghaH.)
1: toH, nuq Daleghpu'?
2: pagh vIleghpu'.
1: ngemDaq ghoSlu'!
(Hagh tlhingan cha'.)
2: vIlegh'a'? targh neH chIllu'pu'bogh!

what I was trying to say: :)

(two Klingons on guard duty.)
1: What was that?
2: What?
1: I heard something.
2: I didn't hear it [I wanted the word "anything" but didn't find it]
1: Go and look.
(Klingon #2 looks and comes back.)
1: Well, what did you see?
2: I didn't see anything. [lit: I saw nothing.]
1: Something is coming out of the woods!
(Klingon #2 laughs)
2: You see? It's just a lost targ! [lit: It is only a targ, which
someone has misplaced.]

Thanks in advance for help :)

-- Caryn
"qaStaHvIS wa' ram loS SaD Hugh sIjlaH qetbogh loD."
				-- Klingon proverb

[email protected]

Back to archive top level