tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 01 21:06:50 1997

KLBC - help 1rst attempt

David Trimboli wrote:

> January 01, 1997 3:58 PM, jatlh Edy Fonseca:
>
> > I would like to say: "Engage and destroy alien craft" in Klingon. Can you
> > help me?
>
> Awww . . . I'm not going to just give away the answer!  You haven't even
> tried!  Give it a shot!  I'll just get you started.
>
> First, look up the words "destroy," "alien," and "ship."
>
> "What about 'engage'?" I hear you cry.  Well, what *is* "engaging"?  It is
> "beginning to fight."  Therefore, look up the word for "fight."  I'll also
> tell you that there is a verb suffix which means "change of state," which can
> be used to mean "begin."
>
> Don't forget to find the correct imperative verb prefixes!  Both verbs will
> need them.
>
> Is that enough?  Go on, try it!
>
> --
> SuStel
> Beginners' Grammarian
> Stardate 97004.7

	Okay! My TKD did not arrive yet, but I'll try anyway.
	The obect is the enemie craft, so "Duj jagh"
	The verbs are engage and destoy, so "chu' 'ej Qaw'"
	The subject is an imperative form  "yI"

For first instance, something like:  "yIDuj jagh chu' 'ej Qaw'"

But my problem are the suffixes. I don't know how to use them correctly,
so I'm ready to your comments :)

--
Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
[email protected]