tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 01 22:35:42 1997

Re: KLBC - help 2nd attempt

> > Awww . . . I'm not going to just give away the answer!  You haven't even
> > tried!  Give it a shot!  I'll just get you started.
> >
> > First, look up the words "destroy," "alien," and "ship."
> >
> > "What about 'engage'?" I hear you cry.  Well, what *is* "engaging"?  It is
> > "beginning to fight."  Therefore, look up the word for "fight."  I'll also
> > tell you that there is a verb suffix which means "change of state," which can
> > be used to mean "begin."
> >
> > Don't forget to find the correct imperative verb prefixes!  Both verbs will
> > need them.
> >
> > Is that enough?  Go on, try it!
> >
> > --
> > SuStel
> > Beginners' Grammarian
> > Stardate 97004.7
>
>         Okay! My TKD did not arrive yet, but I'll try anyway.
>         The obect is the enemie craft, so "Duj jagh"
>         The verbs are engage and destoy, so "chu' 'ej Qaw'"
>         The subject is an imperative form  "yI"
>
> For first instance, something like:  "yIDuj jagh chu' 'ej Qaw'"
>
> But my problem are the suffixes. I don't know how to use them correctly,
> so I'm ready to your comments :)

Ops...I forgot the verb  "fight". I saw 2 forms: Suv: fight
					         HivDuj: attack fighter
The "yI" is the imperative form for me and "pe" is the imperative form to
"you", right? 	So, if I'm not missing anything my second attempt is:

	peHivDujchoH 'ej pejaghchoH chu' Qaw'

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
[email protected]

Back to archive top level