tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 25 16:13:56 1997

RE: Qapla'!

On Tuesday, February 25, 1997 11:04 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Sam
Gyseman BSc IT Eng wrote:

> I would very much appreciate it if people would write the Terran
> Standard translation of all their tlhingan-Hol messages, etc. I am a
> beginner at this but I find one of the best ways to learn is to
> associate words from translations.

Hi!  I'm SuStel, the list's Beginners' Grammarian.  If you pay close attention
to the messages labelled "KLBC" in the subject field, you'll find they are
beginner-level conversations and questions.  My advice is: start a
conversation with someone, anyone, under KLBC.  Go ahead and include the
translation (KLBC messages really should always have these, or at least a
summary).  You'll not only get to *read* in Klingon, you'll get to *write* in
Klingon!

> My Klingon is very rusty (my
> hovercraft is full of eels?!) but any help I can get would be great.
> Like a starter course for example.

Talk to David Barron about his postal course.  See
http://www.kli.org/kli/projects.html#postcourse

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian