tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 20 07:20:17 1997

Re: Need some clearification.

> jatlh DaraQ:
>
> > I have a question in my postal course that asks for a Klingon Translation
> > "I see fools everwhere in this army."
> >
> > which I translate as <Dat mangghomDaq qoHpu' vIlegh>
> >
> > Now, for some reason, I keep thinking <Daq> *must* be put at the front
> > because it acts adverbially but, on the other hand, <Dat> is not an
> > adverb.
> >
> > Can I get a judgement on this one?
>
> My judgement is that your sentence is fine.  {Dat} is just as much a locative
> as {mangghomDaq} is, it just isn't allowed to use {-Daq}.

HIja', jIQochbe'.
Yes, I know My sentence is fine. I want a clearifcation on the placement
of <Dat>. I am assuming you will tell me that <Dat> does NOT have to go at
the front of the sentence 'cause it's not an adverbial. qar'a'?

--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level