tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 20 07:10:56 1997

Re: I awoke from a dream...

Dr. Lawrence M. Schoen wrote:
> [...] I found myself laying in bed in a light hypnogogic state, neither
> really awake or asleep.  I suddenly had this image pop into my head of
> [...] some poor middle-management warrior sitting in his tiny cubical.
> He was singing the following song [...].  I don't know what it means[...]
>  reH Dochmey vISovbogh vISov.    Always I know what I know
>  rut Dochmey vIlIjbogh vIqaw.    Sometimes I forget what I remember
>  vIQongtaHvIS, pagh vIchechDI',  While I am sleeping, or when I'm drunk
>  munuQlaHbe' potlh not.          Important matters cannot bother me.

Hm!  Well, if you're sure that you actually perceived this, as opposed
to composing it yourself, then I suppose we should take it as canonical
text (sent down via you rather than Okrand for a change).  Do we all get
to use {not} in that strange way now (cf. the end of the last line)?

--
"reH Sov yInej 'ej Dap yImuS,          <dOstI bA mardom-e dAnA nEkO-st,
 jagh val qaq law' jup QIp qaq puS"     do^sman-e dAnA beh az nAdAn dOst>

Back to archive top level