tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 11 19:17:12 1997

RE: KLBC: Success

February 11, 1997 10:59 AM EST, jatlh may'qal ro':

> lujghach nujvo' yaH Qapla'
> Success is taken away from the mouth of failure.

{lujghach} is a marked term in Klingon, because there is no suffix between
{luj} and {-ghach}.  It would only be used to make a very weird, technical
point, or to be very poetic.  Your single line does not contain any reason to
be poetic, only metaphorical, so this really doesn't work well.

Besides that, though, this is correct.  If we were to fix up the first word,
I'd suggest using {lujpu'ghach}.  This word is roughly equivalent to "having
failed."

lujpu'ghach nujvo' yaH Qapla'.

--
SuStel