tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 11 20:45:47 1997

Re: Success

ghItlh SuStel:
>> lujghach nujvo' yaH Qapla'
>> Success is taken away from the mouth of failure.
>
>[why {lujghach} is not quite right snipped]
>Besides that, though, this is correct.  If we were to fix up the first word,
>I'd suggest using {lujpu'ghach}.  This word is roughly equivalent to "having
>failed."
>
>lujpu'ghach nujvo' yaH Qapla'.

Grammatically, it's okay, but "having failed's mouth" sounds pretty
weird to me.  I smell a chance to toss in a little-used suffix here...

lujbeHghachvo' yaH Qapla'.

Hmm.  Success "being taken away" also doesn't strike me as having the
right meaning.  I like the idea of "being captured" better...

lujbeHghachvo' Qapla' jonlu'.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level