tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 30 21:51:28 1997

Re: pongmey

On Tue, 30 Dec 1997, Doneq wrote:

|I think I should know these Klingons, to be a *real*, honorable
|Klingon. At least, if MO didn't make them up just to serve as
|examples in the book :)

yIqIm!  THERE ARE SPOILERS FOR THE LAST TWO SEASONS OF DS9 AHEAD...

(Doneq, didn't you complain about me referring to episodes you hadn't seen
yet a few days ago? Proceed at your own risk.)

	(another screen)

			(still more...)

					(that should be enough)

|  HuS (Huss, KGT p197)
|  'atrom (A'trom, KGT p197)

Huss, daughter of A'trom (HuS 'atrom puqbe') was one of the recipients of
the Order of the Bat'leth at Ty'Gokor in "Apocalypse Rising." We saw her
briefly going up to be commended at the ceremony.

|  martaq (Martok, KGT p198)

*Very* briefly... during the Klingon Civil War (Gowron vs. the Duras
sisters), he supported Gowron and became famous for his actions during the
bitter ground fighting in the Mempa System. General Martok later became
chief military advisor to Chancellor Gowron (his Chief-of-Staff?)  and
ostensibly commanded the task force which invaded the Cardassian Union.
After the brief war with the Federation in the Archanis Sector, Gowron
appointed him to head the Klingon contingent on DS9 and represent the
Empire's interests in their joint struggle against the Cardassian-Dominion
alliance, where he later took command of the IKS Rotarran, a Bird of Prey.
There is much more, since he is a recurring (and popular) character in the
current season of DS9.

|  torgh (Torg, KDK - something tells me he's from ST3, but I'm not
|sure...)

Kruge's First Officer from ST3, he led the boarding party when the Klingons
captured the Enterprise. He died spectacularly, though.

BTW, what's "KDK"?

|  vIqSIS (Vixis, KGT p198)

Klaa's First Officer from ST5. Chekov was impressed by her "musculature"
among other things.

|  qamor (Kahmor, KGT p198)
|  qImlaq (K'mlak, KGT p53)

I have no record of these two. Probably just generic Klingon names to use
as examples in KGT.

Voragh

Back to archive top level