tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 30 21:42:02 1997

Re: HELP!!!!!!!!!!

|My email program just went nuts and ate all of my saved messages!!!!  Can
|someone please send me the "Warrior's Anthem" (birthright song) and the
|marriage ceremony preferably in English, cause I got it here and need it
|back!!!!!  And maybe someone send the hockey player insult too cause I
|forgot it.  Please don't make me say the magic word in Klingon!
|
|Q'asHa

Here you go. Can't help you with the other two. Don't forget that you can
go to the KLI mailing list archive at the KLI web site and search for them.

|                           KLINGON VICTORY SONG
|
|Returning from a successful Ritual Hunt with Worf, after exclaiming
|"ka'la!" Toq begins to sing, and others join in (Birthright II):

|      bagh Da tuHmoh. ChojaH duh rHo.
|           yIja'Qo'  yIja'Qo'  yIja'Qo'
|      van'aj javDIch Qong DIr Sa'VIch
|          ghIH yot quelI'Pa qevas HoH Qa
|      teblaw'nghu mughato'Du
|           yIja'Qo' yIja'Qo' yIja'Qo'
|
|The above lyrics appeared in the script. The first line was translated
|in the dialog as:
|
|      [Fire streaks the heavens.  Battle has begun.]
|
|The closed captions were somewhat different, though:
|
|         bAGH dA TUhMHOH.
|         cHOJAh dUH RhO
|             YLJA' qO'
|             YLJA' qO'
|             YLJA' qO'
|         mAH DOK UDO
|         jIH DOK MAjU
|         pAH DOK chABah
|         bURAK CHUqA
|         VAN'AJ JAVdiCH
|         TEBLAW'NGHU
|         MUGHATA'dU'
|             YALA' qO
|             YALA' qO
|
|And, as a reminder, DloraH wrote:
|
|>If anyone wants the audio file so they can play it over and over to try
|>to figure it out, its on my web page (as a RealAudio file):
|>		www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro

- Voragh

Back to archive top level