tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 29 16:08:57 1997

Qu'vatlh!

jIghItlh 'ej ghItlh charghwI':

>> "Qu'vatlh! "Kenny" luHoH! taHqeqpu' tlhIH!!"
>
>You have switched person between these two sentences. Is that
>intentional? "THEY killed Kenny. YOU are taHqeqpu'!"?

Yes. You have not seen "South Park", I presume. This line is originally "Oh
my God! They killed Kenny! You bastards!" I took liberties with the
translation, but I feel the effect came across.

But, a question - is there a better way to say "You <taHqeqpu'>"? Seems to
me this is impossible with our present understanding of grammar.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level