tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 26 13:53:22 1997

Re: KLBC: tera'Daq qoD leng

        I think I caused a big discussion here. I don't know how you englishmen
see the sentence, but I think the main problem is that there is an implicit verb.

tera' botlhDaq ghoSlI'bogh leng
(The journey which goes toward the center of the earth)

    The Journey by itself doesn't travell. It only conduct us to a place.
The verb is implicit in the sentence and this kind of expression is very
strong. I know there are other expressions like that but I cannot remember
any of them for instance.
    The only I can remember now, is the quite crazy:
World cup final match but it doesn't have any sense in klingon.

__
Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
Hovmey DIvan

Back to archive top level