tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 25 08:36:06 1997

Re: Whereever he is

On Wed, 24 Dec 1997 12:35:46 -0800 (PST) Eduardo Fonseca
<[email protected]> wrote:

>         A point here:
>
>     I was looking for a good expression to "kill him whereever he is".
> I thought about something like: ghaHtaHbogh Daq yIHoH, literally: kill him in
> place which he is.

This comes closer to meaning, "Kill the place which he is," than
it does to what you intend, but the word order is unusual even
for that.

>     But here, there is a problem. The Type 9 verbal suffix  -bogh, could
> be translated as << where >> ?
>     Other sentences I thought but with a bit different were:
> Dat yISam 'ej yIHoH - Find him in everywhere and kill him
> DaSamDI' vaj yIHoH - when you find him then kill him.

Good tries. Meanwhile, if you just say, {yIHoH} that pretty much
implies killing him wherever he is. You can't kill him anywhere
else, after all...

If the idea of finding him is important, just {DaH yISam 'ej
yIHoH}.

>     Any comments?
>
> __
> Eduardo Fonseca || Belo Horizonte, Brasil
> Pau Brasil: The brazilian's VGA Planets home page
> http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/2460
> Hovmey DIvan

charghwI', taghwI' pabpo' ru'
Temporary Beginner's Grammarian, December 20-30

Back to archive top level