tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 18 21:44:27 1997

Re: {Hogh} (was: Re: KLBC: Short and Easy)

At 09:38 97-12-17 -0800, charghwI' wrote:
}According to Robyn Stewart:
}>
}> Ok, this is getting ridiculous.  It's worse than the Hungarian
}> phrasebook in the Monty Python television skit.   Evidence prevented
}> seems to suggest that the people responsible for DOW have no
}> knowledge of Klingon, and an imperfect knowledge of both English and
}> German.  If they cannot find a trilingual English/Klingon/target
}> language speaker the least they could do is run it by someone who is
}> fluent in each language before it goes to press.  How can we stop
}> them from doing this again?  Our language community is small enough.
}> We don't need mutually unintelligible dialects.
}>
}> -Qov
}
}I'm considering writing a Malasian version of TKD (or a Klingon
}version of "How to speak Malay" -- I have not decided yet). I
}figure it will be a cult classic. To follow that: a Cherokee
}TKD...

Malay Hol Cherokee Hol Dajatlhbe' qar'a'?  DajatlhlaH paqmeyvetlh Daqon net
tuch.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level