tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 18 10:22:32 1997

Re: Raktajino

: In short, there is no canon term for raktajino. I'd use <qa'vInqoq> to talk
: of the nut version of <ra'taj> and I would personally not be caught drinking
: raktajino. I prefer espresso anyway, which seems similar to what is intended
: by <qa'vIn>. (At last, a Klingon delicacy I can stomach!)
:
: Qermaq

<qa'vInqoq> refers to any coffee-like beverage: instant coffee, Nescafe,
decaffeinated coffee, the plethora of dreadful "flavored" and gourmet
"coffees" on the market, herbal coffee substitutes, etc.

What's wrong with calling "raktajino" <ra'tajqoq> vs. <ra'tajna'>? Or, since
the Feds themselves call it "Klingon coffee," Klingons might
(diplomatically) refer to it as <DIvI' ra'taj>. Those Klingons who deal with
the Federation would probably just say "raktajino" much as we use the
foreign loan words "espresso" and "cappucino" in English -- not that they
would ever drink the stuff (except for ex-spy Arne Darvin).

Voragh

Back to archive top level