tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 17 21:32:46 1997

Raktajino

KGT, p. 96 - I'll paraphrase. <qa'vIn> with <HIq> is <ra'taj>. Very
different from both is <I>raktajino</I> (in italics, never the boldface
reserved for terms in Klingon). A non-Klingon version of <ra'taj>, which MO
calls <I>raktaj</I>, is "strong Klingon coffee plus a nutlike flavoring." By
"adding cream", we get raktajino. The name is modelled after "cappuccino",
and it is not a true Klingon beverage. "Though it is sometimes called
"Klingon coffee", it is quite different from both plain <qa'vIn> and the
alcoholic <ra'taj>."

In short, there is no canon term for raktajino. I'd use <qa'vInqoq> to talk
of the nut version of <ra'taj> and I would personally not be caught drinking
raktajino. I prefer espresso anyway, which seems similar to what is intended
by <qa'vIn>. (At last, a Klingon delicacy I can stomach!)

Qermaq

Qermaq

Back to archive top level