tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 15 23:50:15 1997

Re: KLBC: Short and Easy

In article <[email protected]>, Qov
<[email protected]> writes
>By request, here is a KLBC challenge for those who find that translating
>takes so long that it is exhausting to read most postings.  The challenge is
>simple:
>Understand this and write a single line response Once I have checked, and
>corrected if necessary, your response, anyone else is free to follow up.
>Please wait until a line has been corrected before you repond to it, and no
>matter whether you are a beginner who hasn't even creased the spine on TKD
>yet, or a grouchy old grammarian, use one line only so no one has to do too
>much looking up to follow the thread.
>
>chay' yuQvam wIchargh?
>
>Qov     [email protected]
>Beginners' Grammarian

I'll venture:

nganpu' Hogh tIHoH

I'd appreciate what you *think* that says cos I'm not sure if I got it
right or not.  Not to completely tell you what it is, but it's an N1-N2
construction with a you-them imperative verb - I think.

--

James Coupe (remove some crap to reply)

Pah!! I hope it shits in your jogging suit!

Back to archive top level