tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 10 07:56:19 1997

Re: KLBC simple phrases from Klingon 2

On Wed, 10 Dec 1997, William H. Martin wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Dec 1997 08:23:43 -0800 (PST) Joel Peter Anderson
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Philippe Lavoie wrote:
> >
> > > I went to http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/4854/klin2.htm
> > >
> > > This is a place where they give you simple phrases to translate. I
> > > need more of those...
> > >
> > > I came across the following problems:
> > >
> > >  jIHDaq yuch Danob qoj qaSuv  <-> give me chocolate or I fight you
> > >
> > > wouldn't this be better if they used
> > >
> > >  jIHDaq yuch yInob qoj qaSuv
>
> <jIHvaD> QaQ law' <jIHDaq> QaQ puS.
>
> You can also say:
>
> yuch HInob!
>
> or
>
> yuch chonobbe'chugh vaj bIHegh!

Again - I don't disagree with these.  The answers I gave were framed
within the meager subset of words I offered in the Klingon 1 brochure.

I'd encourage someone to take Qov's admirable vocabulary suggestions and
do a similar pair of lessons - it is a fun exercise, and on GeoCities you
can set up the page for free!  [heck, maybe I'll do it....]

The prefixes I provided didn't include imperative (so "give me chocolate
or I fight you" was a statement, not a command) nor did the vocabulary
include "Hegh" - I'd just as soon not teach 5th graders to kill over
chocolate - fighting was bad enough.

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level