tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 08 21:35:16 1997

Re: lu- (KLBC)

ja' charghwI':
>> TKW p.29: "SuvwI'pu' qan tu'lu'be'".
>>
>> We also have "quvlIjDaq yIH tu'be'lu'jaj" from CK (or maybe PK)...
>
>Perhaps there is a message here we have missed. May one not
>discover tribbles in your coordinates (that should be
>{QuvlIjDaq}) implies that the tribbles should not be there. No
>one finds old warriors perhaps suggests that they may exist, but
>only if they are crafty enough to not be discovered.

I would actually interpret this the other way around, if I thought it was
worth making the distinction.  I see {tu'be'} as "not notice" or "miss".
May the tribbles be overlooked, whether or not they are there.  But old
warriors are simply not found.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level