tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 08 21:34:49 1997

Re: KLBC mu'tay' qeq

ja' qoror:
>Close enough.  It was at BabelCon2, where, Qob reports,
>
>>According to Marc, a {toQ} is a Klingon avian analogous to a
>>Terran bird of prey. {toQ} does not *literally* mean "bird of prey",
>>it's merely one type of creature which exhibits characteristics similar
>>to that gouping of Terran birds.
>
>But it's rather a good alternative to the looong {chalHa'DIbaH} string of a
>few years back.

Since {toQ} is rather a specific term, I wouldn't use it too generally.
I've taken a cue from {bIQDep}, and I'm going to call birds {chalDepmey}.
And I expect you all to understand it even if you don't see this note! :-)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level