tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 09 11:57:33 1997

Re: KLBC mu'tay' qeq

ghItlh David Trimboli
> >> } (is it ok to say {toQDuj} for Warbird as well?)
> >>
> >Actually no, but I thought {toQDuj} was quite a good word for it -
> >It's got the bird-part too, you know :)
> >
> >maybe {veStoQDuj} is better; it has the war-part too, and you can
> >distinguish it from a Klingon {toQDuj} better.
>
> In one of his MSN posts (I believe) Marc Okrand tells us that a {toQ} is a
> Klingon animal which is similar to an Earth bird of prey.
That's where I got the {toQ}-part from... :)

> *IF* the Klingon designation for a Romulan Warbird follows the same pattern,
> we would first need to know what the Klingon word for "warbird" is!  :)  All
> of these ships are decorated to resemble birds of some kind.
>
> I would guess that the correct word is {veSDuj} "warship," whether it's
> painted like a bird or not.
Hmm... I don't know much about Romulans, but are the Warbirds the
only warships they have? If not, then you can't distinguish those.

OTOH, they're Romulans... why bother? :)

/Doneq
______
yIvoq 'ach yI'ol

Back to archive top level