tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 08 00:48:01 1997

Re: KLBC mu'tay' qeq

-----Original Message-----
From: Doneq <[email protected]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email protected]>
Date: Sunday, December 07, 1997 12:48 PM
Subject: Re: KLBC mu'tay' qeq

>> } (is it ok to say {toQDuj} for Warbird as well?)
>>
>Actually no, but I thought {toQDuj} was quite a good word for it -
>It's got the bird-part too, you know :)
>
>maybe {veStoQDuj} is better; it has the war-part too, and you can
>distinguish it from a Klingon {toQDuj} better.

In one of his MSN posts (I believe) Marc Okrand tells us that a {toQ} is a
Klingon animal which is similar to an Earth bird of prey.

*IF* the Klingon designation for a Romulan Warbird follows the same pattern,
we would first need to know what the Klingon word for "warbird" is!  :)  All
of these ships are decorated to resemble birds of some kind.

I would guess that the correct word is {veSDuj} "warship," whether it's
painted like a bird or not.

SuStel
Stardate 97936.3

Back to archive top level