tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Dec 06 18:42:29 1997

we-klingons/new thought

while I driving home from karate, the recent topic about we-klingons for
some reason popped into mind.  I came up with a process that may help to
support the we-klingon idea...

maHagh SoH jIH je
this is gramaticly correct, right?
likewise, this should be:
maHagh tlhIngan jIH je

ok...
jIHagh jIH  is proper
but the redundant pronoun (jIH) is not needed because of the prefix jI-.
So,  jIHagh   is proper.

Back to ma-.  ma- (we/us) by definition includes the speaker (jIH).
So again we have a redundant pronoun, which we know aren't necessary.
Which brings us back to   maHagh tlhIngan jIH je.
Drop the redundant pronoun    maHagh tlhIngan.

DloraH

Back to archive top level