tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 05 12:34:53 1997

Re: N,S,E,W

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Mark Mandel wrote:

> Let me suggest here a set of terms for the cardinal directions, based on
> the sun's apparent daily path through the sky:
>
> 	west	pemHov 'et
> 	east	pemHov 'o'
> 	north	pemHov nIH
> 	south	pemHov poS

These are great suggestions - I'd have to say use 'em, till we hear
otherwise from someone more authoritative than we amateurs.  I'd recommend
appending a footnote or key to documents that used these terms, noting
these expressions are mapped explicitly to the Human concepts of cardinal
directions.

[Wait!  What about tripodal creatures???? OH NO!.... wait... according to
Trek, there don't seem to be any.... whew.]

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level