tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 02 08:19:02 1997

Re: KLBC simple phrases from Klingon 2

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Philippe Lavoie wrote:

> I went to http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/4854/klin2.htm
>
> This is a place where they give you simple phrases to translate. I
> need more of those...
>
> I came across the following problems:
>
>  jIHDaq yuch Danob qoj qaSuv  <-> give me chocolate or I fight you
>
> wouldn't this be better if they used
>
>  jIHDaq yuch yInob qoj qaSuv

Wow - fast responses!  Glad to see someone getting use of the page!

Phil -

I have no quarrel with your responses.  You are obviously more advanced in
tlhIngan Hol than the material presented in the exercises.  qavan!

It was apparently not clear that the exercises were written from a very
minimal subset of tlhIngan Hol, what was presented on the "Klingon 1"
page.  For example, I only presented a few of the verbal prefixes; the
ones you suggest "cho-" and "yI-" were not given.

I should perhaps update the page to offer some other choices, or at least
note that I am NOT suggesting the translations I offer are the ONLY "right
answers".

	yIrojqu'!

		Joel.

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 **mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'**
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]
 **Depart from evil, and do good; Seek peace, and pursue it**

Back to archive top level