tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 02 08:01:46 1997

KLBC simple phrases from Klingon 2

Hi,

I went to http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/4854/klin2.htm

This is a place where they give you simple phrases to translate. I
need more of those...

I came across the following problems:

 jIHDaq yuch Danob qoj qaSuv  <-> give me chocolate or I fight you

wouldn't this be better if they used

 jIHDaq yuch yInob qoj qaSuv

My other problem is that they ask to translate

You throw me the ball

they have  -> jIHDaq moq Dabach
I have     -> moq chobach

Why is mine not correct ?

I understand they empasize the location where the ball should be
thrown, but using throw as a verb wouldn't this always be implicit ?
Do I always need to specify the locative with a verb like throw, go,
etc.

As I understand it, their translation is

	You throw the ball at me.

And I'm not sure it's the same as

	You throw me the ball

The first one seems part of a threat  ;)
	You throw the ball at me one more time and...

Thanks Qov (and the others)

Phil

Back to archive top level