tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 01 19:34:48 1997

Re: peDtaH 'ej jIQuch

|However, I recently made myself a set of "quick reference" sheets including
|the "Useful Klingon Expressions" from TKD's Appendix, along with all of the
|proverbs from TKW.  TKW page 7 says {DabuQlu'DI' yISuv.}  "When threatened,
|fight."  That tells us that one threatens a person.  It doesn't tell us not
|to use it to threaten to do something, but it does suggest that my sentence
|might not be correct, even after fixing the typo.

|-- ghunchu'wI'

{buQ} in the sense of "menace" also appears in Skybox SP1, the relevant
portion of the rather long quote about Klingon battlecruisers being:

	... qIb nganpu' buQpu' may'Duj 'ej ghIjpu' 'oH.

as well as in the still unverified "ST:Experience" text:

	... nIbuQbogh novpu' DaSuv.

Voragh

P.S.	BTW, has anyone asked Okrand or the folks in Las Vegas at "Star
	Trek: The Experience" about this announcement yet?

Back to archive top level