tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 31 16:38:39 1997

Re: Son of KGT puns

On Sun, 31 Aug 1997, Bill Willmerdinger wrote:
|Susan Farmer wrote:
|> But the part that absolutely cracked me up was the herbed, breaded,
|> fat-back was called a tlhombuS (aka a blood clot ...)  Guess it doesn't
|> much matter where in the universe you are -- too much fat clogs up
|> *anybody's* arteries.
|
|I don't get this part.  What's funny about {tlhombuS}?  Or is this just
|my mundane culinary upbringing showing?

Not cooking, medicine:

thrombus
a fibrinous clot that forms in and obstructs a blood vessel or that forms
in one of the chambers of the heart

(I didn't recognize it either until she pointed it out.)

-- Voragh Qel

Back to archive top level