tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Aug 31 17:14:59 1997

Re: Son of KGT puns

>Got these two.  And, didn't we decide that targhmey *aren't* kosher?  Or
>was it the other way around?  Something about cloven hooves?  (I lost
>track halfway through that discussion; I don't understand all the kosher
>rules in English, let alone in Klingon!)

I don't know that I've ever seen it's feet -- but that would definately
be the deciding factor.

>> But the part that absolutely cracked me up was the herbed, breaded,
>> fat-back was called a tlhombuS (aka a blood clot ...)  Guess it doesn't
>> much matter where in the universe you are -- too much fat clogs up
>> *anybody's* arteries.
>
>I don't get this part.  What's funny about {tlhombuS}?  Or is this just
>my mundane culinary upbringing showing?

Well, a thrombus, in and of itself really isn't funny -- potentially
fatal, but not really funny.  A Thrombus is a blood clot.  Usually caused
by a diet *much* too rich in cholesterol.  (And it's *real* hard to get
much more saturated in cholesterol than deep-fat fried fat!)

tevram
[email protected]

Back to archive top level