tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Aug 30 23:08:30 1997

Re: "Soldiers of the Empire" and KGT

<< As for why the writers don't use the tlhIngan Hol as accurately as we do -
 a similar question is Why can't we write as well as they do? It takes years
 of practice to perfect either discipline. I think it would be wonderful for
 Paramount to make use of the offered volunteer assistance in translating
 Klingon dialogue, >>

The above excerpt is exactly why I wish the writers, actors, etc. would
willingly maintain contact with the language experts of KLI.  Even if the
actors did not pronounce everything accurately, at least the language would
follow MO's grammar structure.

IBM QInmeymo' jIHemqu'
yuQ 'ay'mey Holmey lo'DI' IBM Holmey qarchu' lo' chaH

peHruS

Back to archive top level